The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Blue Moldy Banana


Over the last couple of days the cleaning closet that houses my trashcan has been a little, OK a lot, stinkier than usual. I have made Tommy take the trash out several times, whether it was full or not, and still the stink remained. I doused the closet and kitchen in Febreeze, but the stink remained. I kind of thought maybe the cat food got too moist from the humidity and that was causing the stench. But this morning it was too much to handle so I had to do some further investigation. I pulled the trash can and the cat food tub out and to my nose's dismay I found the source of the odor. At first I could not even identify the object for the gross blue mold all over it. But as I quickly scooped it up to dispose of it I realized it was a banana. I guess one of the girls, or a man who lives here, missed the trashcan and it landed in the corner of the closet. It was so wrinkly and disfigured and NASTY!! And the source of the smell taking over my kitchen.
I disposed of the banana, Febreezed the dog out of the closet and now my kitchen it back to normal!
The banana is such a little thing, for such a big stink. That is a lot like those "little" sins that we have in our lives, they can really cause a big stink in our hearts. I think sometimes we don't even know what is causing the problem. It could be anger we are holding on to, or selfishness, or pride or ignoring God when He asks us to do something for some one else. Or maybe even those little "white" lies we tell ourselves or others. Any of these things can be hiding in our hearts causing a stink, not allow God to have full reign in our lives. We need to be very thorough in searching our hearts and minds for little stinky sins that are hiding behind the trashcan or in the corner or our lives. You can get rid of everything else or even try to cover it up with church or staying busy, but if the problem is still there you will still smell it! Ask God to help you identify and blue moldy bananas that might be stinking up your heart and then throw them out!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm a little afraid of searching out the stinkies in my life. I'm afraid they might be pretty huge.
    Speaking of stinkies: Jack and I have decided we must have a water leak under the house causing a mold problem. We've searched EVERYWHERE else for the source of our smell. Oh for a blue banana!

    ReplyDelete