The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sir Alfred Titus the Great


Meet my new shadow, er, I mean puppy Sir Alfred Titus the Great, or Alphie for short. He is a 7 week old long haired wienie dog. My dear, sweet husband decided the girls needed a little inside dog to dote on and I needed something else to clean up after so Alphie met both of those criteria, haha. He is pretty cute, but I am just not a big dog person, or a clean up pee in the house person, for that matter. I am hoping that Tommy is right and he will grow up to be a sweet member of the family. :)
Today was the first day since we got him that the big girls, who are old enough to watch him pretty good, had to go to school; it's just Raegan, the puppy and I. Mondays are when I try to get most of the laundry and some house cleaning done around the house, and today is no exception. As I started working on everything I realized we may have misnamed the puppy, instead of the name that is bigger than he is, it might have been more fitting to name him shadow. Not because he is dark colored, but because he is right behind or under me all around the house. I have to watch where I step so I don't squish the little guy, since he is right in the middle of whatever I am working on.
Sir Alphie loves me already and wants to be close to me. And that is exactly how we should be with God. Whatever God is doing should be so interesting to me that I want to be right in the middle of it. And this will be the safest and most fulfilling place for me to be. If the puppy is right behind me, I know that he is not lost in a giant laundry mountain and that Raegan is not carrying him around by his neck. Alphie also gets a lot more attention when he is under foot, he is always right there, which give me the opportunity to bend down and scoop him up, or pet him. Psalms 91:4a says, "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge." For a chick to be under his mother's wing he has to be very close beside and that is just the picture this scripture is portraying. God wants us close by; with him all the time. Sometimes it is hard to believe God is close by, life gets crazy and we get distracted and start to wander off. But the Bible says," Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." (James 4:8) He desires to have us near him, following at His feet like little puppies, because He loves us and wants to show us what's best for us. Alphie has inspired me to try to walk so close to God that He wants to change MY name to shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment