The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Showers Exist?!?


I LOVE SPRING!! Spring is such a great time of year, and having just moved to East Texas, this Spring is especially fun! In West Texas Spring is usually skipped over, or blown away. It is actually springy here, there are sweet smelling plants, wildflowers, trees with blossoms and pollen. I knew what pollen was before, I learned about it is 4th grade science, but I have never seen pollen that covers the cars, the ground and even dyes the puddles yellow, so weird!
Another amazing thing about Spring in East Texas are April showers. I have always heard that "April showers bring May flowers," but yesterday we had a real April shower! It was so nice, so nasty wind, no tornado warning, no bad weather, my girls got to splash around in it! After the rain shower passed, we enjoyed jumping in the puddles and the sun even came back out! The rain cleaned things up around here, the pollen that was covering everything was washed off and all the plants seemed to be greener. It was very refreshing and the air smelled fantastic afterwards!
I think God sends Spring for a reason, a reason greater than it just being that time of year. He sends Spring to remind us that no matter what is going on He can refresh us. I do not like Winter, I hate being cold, I hate having to stay inside, I hate cabin fever; Winter is just not my thing. There have been times in my life that seem like Winter, lonely times, cold scary times, windy confusing times. But God says in Jeremiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." God never intended for us to go through the tough, trying, seemingly impossible times alone, He wants to walk with us all the way. He will refresh us like an April shower refreshes the Earth, He will satisfy us so we can keep going. I cannot tell you how many times, God has sent someone or something to breath fresh air into my life just when I was about to faint. "You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance." Psalms 68:9 And after the rain comes the flowers and fruit. I have experienced that after the winters of life and after the refreshment that God sends, my life is more fruitful. It is not always easier, but I have learned things that help me live my life more like God desires.
I am so thankful for the Spring and even more thankful for God sending refreshing showers just when I need them anytime of year, so that the fruit of His Spirit can grow in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you made that sound so delightful! I could use a good April shower both literally and figuratively. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete