The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Monday, March 22, 2010

All for Him




After a great week of having the girls home for Spring Break and getting to spend extra time with our youth, today I had a little catching up to do around the house. I bought some groceries, cleaned the kitchen, did a few loads of laundry, straighten up the playroom and the girls bathroom, cooked supper and then re-cleaned the kitchen. I used to get a little frustrated when I had a lot of house keeping jobs to do, especially when I didn't make the mess but ended up doing all the work. I would feel sorry for myself and think I was being under appreciated. But then God showed me a couple of verses that really changed my attitude! Colossians 3:17 says "Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." And in Philippians 2:14-15 "Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." These two verses really rocked my world, because they say to me that I should clean house, cook, do laundry, take care of my family and do everything I do like I am doing it for Jesus. And not only that but I should be thankful that I have the ability to do anything at all. AND not only that but I should do it happily so that I can shine like a star! Wow, that is convicting!!
I am so blessed to have a husband and children, a house, clothes, food and random stuff! I am blessed too that I can use my time to take care of my family and all that stuff. The only way to get out of the work would be if I didn't have all the people and things I am thankful for. Instead of complaining and being worried about getting credit for what I do, I try to remember that I am not only serving my family but JESUS! These verses could apply to being a stay at home mom, working anywhere, doing school work, dealing with difficult people, or really anything. When we look at the tasks at hand as a gift from God and do it all for Him, it will change everything. My house is tidier (most of the time) than it was before I found these verses. My attitude is tons better (most of the time) and I am thankful for things I used to take for granted like running water and washing machines!
So as you go through your day think of how God has blessed you and how you can bless Him and others by doing all that you do just like you would do it if Jesus Himself were going to thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment