The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Deep Calls to Deep


This morning was like most Monday mornings, I woke up late, too lazy to really get myself ready before I got the girls up and going for school. My 4 year old usually sleeps in on Mondays till about 8, which works well for me so she is not under foot as the big girls rush around, or are actually prodding around as they eat and fix hair and such. This morning however, Raegan woke up before everyone else and was watching me make orange juice. I didn't really talk to her, just smiled and kept going. Then she melted my heart, "I need a hug Mommy." So of course I had to stop everything and scoop her up in a giant bear hug.

It got me to thinking how many people wake up Monday mornings feeling like that, they just need a hug or a friend or their mommy. And how many of those people don't have a ready supply of love in their houses or lives. They can't just wake up and ask for love and get it instantly and unconditionally, but shouldn't everyone have access to that? I guess that is where you and I come in, loving those around us, even if they are not four years old and as cute as can be, even if they are not deserving of such affection. As Jesus' hands here on Earth it is our responsibility or better yet privilege, to love others, sharing God's love through us. I know this is hard sometimes, most of the time actually, because loving people is risky in so many ways. What if you choose to love someone and they turn around and stab you in the back, what if you choose to love someone and your friends think you have gone off the deep end, what if you choose to love someone and they act like they don't need your love? Very risky indeed!!

But 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 says, " Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give in his heart what he has decided to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." Now I know that this is probably talking about money and tithing and God supplying your financial needs, but I think there is more. If we love sparingly or half way is that not what we will get in return, but if we love generously, the God of heaven will himself make sure we have all the love we need to keep going and stand up under anything. Loving everyone, in all conditions is not easy, but if as Christians we do not sow love, who will? No one, I am afraid.

Psalms 42:7-8 says, "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." There is a deep whole in the human heart that longs and calls for a deep love. The Lord wants to sweep over us with his waterfall of love, He wants to love us all day long and sing love songs to us in the night long. If you have never experienced that love there is no better time to open your heart to God and His indescribable love. If you have known that love in the past, but due to life and circumstances and worries, that love seems like a distant memory, then today is the day to let God's love wash over you anew. And if you are living in God's love and enjoying it through the good times and bad, you must share it!!!

There may not be any needy 4 year olds running around in your home, workplace or school, but there are people who are needy, who are lonely, who feel unloved, and you could be the one to stop everything and scoop them up give them a giant God hug.

And I pray that as we grow and learn to walk as Jesus wants us to that we can grasp," how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." (Eph. 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment