The Real Life of a Pastor's Wife

Things are changing around here.... well changing and staying the same in an interesting dynamic! I am no longer a youth pastor's wife, but I am still at the same time! We have recently resigned from FBC Troup, which was the place we have been serving longer than any other place before it. We have accepted the call to be church plant pastors and with that church plant youth pastors at the same time, at least until the baby church grows into needing additional staff. So I am now a pastor/youth pastor's wife; translation I am still just a normal, girl who happens to be married to some one in the ministry. I am blogging to make sure everyone knows that my family and I are not perfect,to share with everyone what God is doing in me and to give you a peek into the craziness that is my real life. It is my prayer that no matter how you found this blog, and no matter who you are, God will use these words to speak to your heart and draw you closer to Himself. I would love to hear from you; comments, questions, complaints, and randomness is always welcome!!

The family!

The family!

Got Questions?

Got Questions?
Click on the link and follow the instructions.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Son Burned?


Yesterday we had an awesome time with our youth; we had a paint balloon war out in the woods behind our church. Before we could have the fight we had to fill up balloons with paint water, which meant I was in the sunshine most of the day. Usually this would not have been a big deal, it was a beautiful warm spring day, I normally would have just been able to start working on my tan. :) But I have been on some antibiotics for about a month now, and I didn't realize but the medicine made me more sensitive to the sun, so I am burnt, really burnt. Luckily I had long sleeves on so it is mainly on my face, hands and half of one leg, but anyone who looks at my face can clearly see that I have been in the sun.
In the Old Testament Moses went up the mountain to meet with God and when he came down he was not aware but he face was radiant because he had been with the LORD. How cool is that? There was no question or doubt in the minds of those around him whether or not he had talked with God, the evidence was all over his face. It freaked the Israelites out so much that Moses went around with a veil on his face, but each time he hung out with God they again saw that his face was glowing. (Exodus 34)
In the 2 Corinthians 3:18 it says, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." As Christians we too should have "radiant faces". The people around us should have no reason to doubt if we have been hanging out with God, because it is so evident in our actions, words and life. That is not always easy, but as we let God transform us into His likeness, His characteristics will shine through and draw people to Jesus. I think it would be a lot easier if our faces were actually radiant like Moses was, but instead God wants us to glow with His love!
Strangers at the park today could easily see my sun burn but I wonder how many people that I see every day can see my "Son Burn" and know that I love Jesus, spend time with Him and that I am being transformed to be more like Him. It is my prayer that I am reflecting God's glory in everything I do, from a simple seemingly unimportant task like doing dishes, to teaching the Junior High girls at church, to loving and serving others. And it is my prayer that you are being transformed to be more like Jesus too and are lighting up the places you go with your glowing faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment